The Human Resources office requires that a certified typing certificate be submitted along with a City Employment Application for all positions that specify a typing test requirement prior to the final filing date listed on the job announcement. The certificate must be issued by an accredited school or agency and dated no later than one year prior to the final filing date listed on the job announcement. Self-administered typing tests over the Internet will not be accepted. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that certificates issued by any agency meet the requirements stated below.
The typing certificate must contain the following to be accepted:
- Agency's official emblem or business card
- Name of applicant
- Number of net words per minute (gross words per minute accepted only if it shows total number of errors)
- Date of certificate (dated no later than one year prior to the final filing date listed on the job announcement)
- Signature of person certifying the certificate
- Address and telephone number of agency