Ad Hoc Committees
The City Council may from time to time choose to establish an ad hoc committee, comprised of two members of the City Council, to provide Council support and participation in addressing specific issues facing the City. An ad hoc committee may also be dissolved once its specific task has been completed.
Pension Ad Hoc: Councilmember Lozzi & Councilmember Kemps
The goal of the Pension Ad Hoc is to provide recommendations that will further the Council’s efforts to ensure a more fair, equitable, and sustainable pension system. The committee is intended to bolster community engagement, add insight and value to a challenging and complex process, and build an improved understanding for all parties.
- January 7, 2020: Agenda
- December 9, 2020: Minutes
- December 2, 2019: Brainstorming Ideas
- November 20, 2019: Minutes and Stakeholder Strategies
- November 20, 2019: Agenda and Notes
- October 15, 2019 - Meeting: Notes
- October 15, 2019: Power point presentation
- September 23, 2019 - Meeting: Notes
- Brainstorming Session
- Pension Ad Hoc Committee Stakeholder Meeting - RSI Power point presentation from the September 12, 2019, Community meeting
- Guide to Consensus - Building & Reform for Public Pension Systems
Police Operational Review Ad Hoc Committee: Mayor Kao and Mayor Pro Tem McGowan
The goal of the Police Operational Review Ad Hoc Committee is to provide recommendations to the City Council on issues relating to a review and update of the 2017 Lewis-McCrary report and other earlier studies to determine the appropriate level and methods of delivery for police services in the City.
- South Bay Regional Public Communications Authority - Staff Report (see page 62 of the agenda packet)
City Council Staff Reports - Ad Hoc Committee Updates:
- City Council Ad Hoc Committee Update: As Presented at the Regular City Council meeting on December 10, 2019
- City Council Ad Hoc Committee Update: As Presented at the Regular City Council meeting on November 19, 2019
- City Council Ad Hoc Committee Update: As presented at the Regular City Council meeting on November 5, 2019
- City Council Ad Hoc Committee Update: As presented at the Regular City Council meeting on October 22, 2019