Business – The City has two small business districts: Malaga Cove Plaza located in the 200 block of Palos Verdes Drive West and Lunada Bay Plaza located in the 600 block of Yarmouth Road/2300 block of Palos Verdes Drive West. Real estate businesses - brokerage firms, escrow and title companies - are prominent at the Malaga Cove location. Small service, retail and grocery stores are found at both locations. City businesses are served by the peninsula-based Chamber of Commerce. Major shopping areas for the peninsula are located in Rolling Hills Estates (Silver Spur Road) and in Rancho Palos Verdes (Western Avenue).
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
Library – Malaga Cove Library (2400 Via Campesina) is a branch of the larger Palos Verdes Library District. The site is a registered national historic building and Farnham Martin Park and its historic fountain are on the grounds immediately adjacent to the library.
- Palos Verdes Library District
(310) 377-9584 ext. 551
Schools - The City is served by the peninsula-wide Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District. Administrative offices for the district are located within Palos Verdes Estates at the former Malaga Cove school site.
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District - (310) 378-9966
- Palos Verdes High School - (310) 378-8471
- Palos Verdes Intermediate School - (310) 544-4816
- Lunada Bay Elementary School - (310) 377-3005
- Montemalaga Elementary School - (310) 375-7484
- Valmonte-Sunrise Early Learning Academy - (310) 791-5078 ext. 460