Prescription Drug Take Back
- Date: 04/28/2018 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Palos Verdes Estates Police Department
340 Palos Verdes Drive West
Palos Verdes Estates, California 90274
The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
If you don’t properly dispose of the unused or expired prescription drugs in your home, they might find a new one.
Drive by and drop off unused or expired medication* for safe disposal
- Pharmaceutical drugs can be just as dangerous as street drugs when taken without a prescription or a doctor’s supervision.
- The non-medical use of prescription drugs ranks second only to marijuana as the most common form of drug abuse in America.
- The majority of teenagers abusing prescription drugs get them from family and friends — and the home medicine cabinet. Unused prescription drugs thrown in the trash can be retrieved and abused or illegally sold.
- Unused drugs that are flushed contaminate the water supply. Proper disposal of unused drugs saves lives and protects the environment. Take-back programs are the best way to dispose of old drugs.
* Persons may not dispose of any dangerous, hazardous, or non-compliant items in a collection receptacle. This includes medical sharps and needles (e.g., insulin syringes & injectable).