City Manager's Meeting Preview for January 22, 2019
The next City Council meeting is January 22, 2019.The meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. and will be held in the Council Chambers at City Hall. The meeting can be viewed live or watched later from the City’s website here.
The agenda itself will be relatively short; however, the items on the agenda may involve substantial discussion.
The Public Hearing for 421 Via Media is being continued from January 22 to February 12 so there will be no presentation or discussion of the application. The City Council will hold a public hearing for an appeal of the Planning Commission’s approval of a Neighborhood Compatibility and Grading Permit application for the construction of a house at 629 Via Del Monte.
As New Business, there will be four items. The first is a discussion about consistency between the City and the PVHA Art Jury in reference to landscaping decisions. This is a topic raised by a member of the public at a recent City Council meeting that the City Council requested be placed on a subsequent agenda. The second is a discussion about creating a Pest Management Policy. Here again, a resident raised concern about the use of herbicide on a City median that in turn prompted the City Council to request the topic be placed on an agenda for discussion. The City Council will be asked to provide direction to staff for preparing a policy on the use / application of pesticides to control weeds and pest (rodents). Third, the City Council will review the notes from its December 17, 2018 meeting with the Planning Commission for providing direction to address the recommendations and ideas generated from the meeting. Finally, the City Council will receive the Quarterly Report of Cash and Investments from the City Treasurer.
The Consent Calendar will primarily include a calendar, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Police Officers Association (POA), and a corrective Resolution for 1509 Espinosa Circle. The calendar is a planning tool, subject to change, to identify upcoming Council, Commission and Committee meetings in 2019. The City has been negotiating the terms and conditions of a new MOU with the POA for many months. The proposed MOU will extend from 1 year after ratification, includes a 4% base salary increase that effectively compensates for the 4% reduction in sworn officer’s compensation in the last MOU, and a 1% or 2% bonus effective September 1, 2019 for officers who attain a Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Intermediate or Advanced certificate, respectively which, from the City’s perspective, promotes officer training. The last cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for POA members was in 2016. The approved Resolution for a Neighborhood Compatibility Application included a clerical error and as such, is on the agenda with the correction.
Many interesting topics on the agenda for discussion and approval. We hope you attend or watch the meeting.
To view more of the City Manager's Previews or Summaries, please click on the links below
- January 11, 2019: City Manager's Special Meeting Summary
- January 9, 2019: City Manager's Meeting Preview; City Manager's Meeting Summary
- December 11, 2018: City Manager's Meeting Preview; City Manager's Meeting Summary
- November 27, 2018: City Manager's Meeting Preview; City Manager's Meeting Summary
- November 13. 2019 City Manager's Meeting Preview; City Manager's Meeting Summary
- October 23, 2018: City Manager's Meeting Preview, City Manager's Meeting Summary
- October 9, 2018: City Manager's Meeting Preview; City City Manager's Meeting Summary
- September 25, 2018: City Manager's Meeting Preview; City Manager's Meeting Summary
- September 4, 2018: City Manager's Meeting Preview; City Manager's Meeting Summary
- July 24, 2018: City Manager's Meeting Preview; City Manager's Meeting Summary
- July 10, 2018: City Manager's Meeting Preview; City Manager's Meeting Summary