Latest News provides the most current information posted by the City related to events and activities. It includes notices, press releases, tips, reminders and posts for highlighting time sensitive news (http://www.pvestates.org/community/news).
For additional public information, please access the following:
Natural Gas Use may be Reduced or Stopped due to High Temperatures
SoCalGas is expecting high temperatures throughout the service territories starting Monday 8/28, and continuing through the week. Effective 7:00 AM on August 28, 2017 and until further notice, SoCalGas has issued a system-wide Curtailment Watch for the SoCalGas service territories. Customers may be required to reduce or stop their natural gas use if a curtailment is issued.
Residential SoCalGas natural gas customers are unlikely to experience interruptions in their natural gas service. However, SoCalGas is asking customers to take simple, precautionary steps to conserve energy, including:
- Turning off all unnecessary lights;
- Postponing the use of major appliances until after 9 p.m.;
- Setting your air conditioning thermostat to 78 or higher if your health permits;
- Watching for Flex Alerts on the radio, television, and in social media for voluntary calls to conserve energy; and
- Following other conservation tips provided on conserveenergysocal.com.
- Visiting http://conserveenergysocal.com/ for more information about energy conservation.
For more information about curtailment, please call all 1-877-238-0092 or visit https://www.socalgas.com/for-your-business/energy-market-services/curtailments.