Latest News provides the most current information posted by the City related to events and activities. It includes notices, press releases, tips, reminders and posts for highlighting time sensitive news (http://www.pvestates.org/community/news).
For additional public information, please access the following:
Budget Strategy Discussion at 5/9 City Council Meeting
The City Council convened at its May 9, 2017 meeting to continue its discussion on balancing the FY 2017/18 budget to adjust for the cost for fire and paramedic services and structural deficit.
For those who were unable to attend or would like to rewatch the meeting, please visit http://pvestates.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=1&clip_id=945 or click the "play" button below to view a recording of the meeting.
- Staff Report
- May 9th Budget Presentation Slides
- Finance Ad Hoc Committee CIP List
- Finance Ad Hoc Committee Line-Item Review
The City Council will continue its discussion at its June 13, 2017 meeting at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers, 340 Palos Verdes Drive West. The meeting agenda and staff report will be posted on Friday, June 9, 2017 on the City Meetings page.
To receive notification when the meeting agenda is posted, please visit the City's Sign Me Up page and select "City Council Agenda & Minutes."
The following materials are informative in understanding the budget preparation process:
- Past City Council Discussions
- 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- FY 2016-18 Adopted Budget
- California City Finances
Have an idea on how the City can balance its budget?
You may share feedback by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: http://www.pvestates.org/government/finance-/fy-2017-18-budget-shortfall/budget-strategy-suggestion-form
- Online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/pvebudget
- In-person: May 26th Resident Budget Input Meeting – How should the City balance its budget?
- Regular mail: 340 Palos Verdes Drive West, Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274
- Phone: (310) 378-0383
- Fax: (310) 378-7820
*Disclaimer: All correspondence with the City becomes public record.
For more information, call (310) 378-0383 or visit the FY 2017-2018 Budget Shortfall page.